Important note: Taj Mahal remains closed on every Friday
Highlights: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur
Other departures: Birmingham - £1429
Delhi - The Metropolitan Hotel and Spa 5*
Agra - Crystal Sarovar Premiere 5*
Jaipur - Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre 4*
Day 1: Arrive Delhi
- Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel for a 2-night stay.
Day 2: Delhi
- Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi. Explore the Qutab Complex which houses India’s biggest single tower, the Qutab Minar, and the 4th century rust free Iron Pillar; the Mughal citadel named Lal Qila (Red Fort); and Lutyens’ Delhi.
- Also, visit the grand Jama Masjid and Humayan’s Tomb – a monument commissioned by Bega Begum in memory of her beloved husband.
Day 3: Delhi to Jaipur
- Drive to Jaipur, the famed ‘Pink City’ and the capital of Rajasthan known for its palaces, hill forts and its excellent shopping.
- Afternoon at leisure.
Day 4: Jaipur
- Morning excursion to Amber - capital of the old state of Dhundhar - located on the rugged hills that surround Jaipur. Ride the colourfully painted elephants up the hill, admire the massive gateways, courtyards, stairways, pillared pavilions and palaces that recall the glory and wealth of the Mughals.
- During the afternoon visit the City Palace; Jantar Mantar (the Royal Observatory) and Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds).
Day 5: Jaipur to Agra
- Drive to Agra, en route visit Fatehpur Sikri - the imperial ruins of the dream capital city of the Great Mughal Emperor Akbar.
- Evening at leisure.
Day 6: Agra
- Visit the Taj Mahal this morning.
- Nothing can prepare you for the experience of this monument. Built by The Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died in 1631 giving birth to their 14th child. It is an acclaimed architectural masterpiece and one of the wonders of the world. 20,000 workers laboured for 22 years to build this sublime garden tomb of Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan.
The unique mughal style combines elements of Persian, Central Asian, and Islamic architecture. In the afternoon visit Agra Fort and the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah, also known as ‘Baby Taj’.
Day 7: Agra to Delhi
- Morning at leisure.
- Drive to Delhi visiting the Tomb of Emperor Akbar at Sikandra en route. - Stay overnight in Delhi.
Day 8: Depart Delhi
- Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- Flights from London Heathrow with Emirates
- Airport taxes
- 7 nights accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis
- All transfers, sightseeing & excursion as mentioned in itinerary by air-conditioned car
- Entrance fees to the monuments
- Services of local English speaking guide as per the itinerary during city tour
- Cycle Rickshaw ride at Old Delhi
- Jeep ride at Amber Fort, Jaipur
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers
- Bed & Breakfast