Highlights: Cochin - Cruise - Kovalam
Cochin - Taj Malabar Resort & Spa 5*
Cruise - The Oberoi Motor Vessel Vrinda 5*
Kovalam - The Leela Kovalam 5* (Club Room)
London Heathrow to Dubai
Dubai to Cochin
- 09:00 hrs: Arrive Cochin.
- Upon arrival airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Cochin
After breakfast your will proceed for tour of Kochi includes a visit to the Dutch Palace (Closed on Friday) and Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Friday & Saturday). En route see the famous Chinese fishing nets.
Day 3: Cochin to Motor Vesel Vrinda
After breakfast transfer to boat jetty to embark Motor vesel Vrinda.
Once all guests are on board, Vrinda sets sail along the main waterway on Vembanad Lake and enters the Alleppey canal. Guest could actively participate with the local fisherman and understand the life cycle of “karimeen” also called as “pearl spot”. Lunch will be served on board. The cruiser sails along the scenic waterways for four hours and returns to the Vembanad Lake in time to watch the sunset.
Later in the evening, guests enjoy a performance of the highly ritualized “Kathakali” dance which tells stories from the ancient Hindu epics - Ramayana and Mahabarata. Performances begin with the application of elaborate makeup which is based in traditional Ayurvedic principles. The vessel will anchor for the night at the Vembanad Lake jetty. Dinner on board.
Day 4: Motor Vesel Vrinda
On board Vrinda, with a rice boat excursion:
Motor Vessel Vrinda will sail from the Vebanad Lake jetty and head south, towards Alleppey. Breakfast will be served on board. Sailing through scenic backwaters, guests can observe life along these “water highways” while passing through one of the few areas in the world where farming is done below sea level.
Guests will be transferred to a traditional rice boat to navigate through the narrower sections of the backwaters. For the next few hours, guests will observe and experience a way of life unique to this region, accompanied by a guide. This section of the cruise includes a visit to the half-statue of Lord Buddha at Karumadi.
Later in the day, guests return to Motor Vessel Vrinda where lunch will be served as the boat passes through picturesque stretches of the backwaters on the way back to Alleppey, known as the “Venice of the East”. Motor Vessel Vrinda will return to Vebanad Lake, where guests can enjoy Vrinda Vadiyam a musical fusion of classical instruments. Motor Vessel Vrinda will anchor for the night at the Vebanad Lake jetty. Dinner on board.
On board Vrinda, with a rice boat excursion:
Motor Vessel Vrinda will sail from the Vebanad Lake jetty and head South, past Kanjippadam. Vrinda will anchor near Chambakulam where guests will transfer onto the rice boat once again for a pre-lunch sightseeing excursion.
Guests will visit St. Mary’s Church, established by St. Thomas in 1721 and Sree Bhagavathy Kshetram – a 100-year old Hindu temple to Mother Goddess - at Nedumudy. Guests can also explore the Chambakulam snake boat yard, which displays one of the traditional long snake boats used in races.
To further the understanding and appreciation of this experience, a qualified guide will be present on board for the full day after cruising through the backwaters in the afternoon, Motor Vessel Vrinda will return to Vebanad Lake, where guests can enjoy a “Mohiniattam” recital on board. This classical dance form, distinctive to Kerala, is also called the 'Dance of the Enchantress'. Dancers attired in beautiful traditional costumes perform with slow, graceful movements and highly emotive expressions. Dinner on board.
Day 5: Alleppey to Kovalam by surface (approx. 180 kms, 4 hrs)
- Motor Vessel Vrinda will sail North along the main waterway channel on the Vembanad Lake and head South, past Pallathurathy.
- Breakfast will be served on board; following which guests will check out at 10 am and drive to Kovalam is a golden sand virgin beach on the Malabar Coast of Kerala and is amongst the most prominent beach holiday spot of the world.
Day 6 to 8: Kovalam
- All days at leisure and overnight stay at hotel.
Kovalam to Trivandrum by surface
Trivandrum to Dubai
Dubai to London Heathrow
- Transfer from hotel to Trivandrum airport in time to board flight for London Heathrow via Dubai.
- Flights from London Heathrow with Emirates
- Airport taxes
- 2 nights accommodation on Full Board basis during Vrinda Cruise
- 6 nights accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis in Cochin and Kovalam
- All transfers as mentioned in itinerary by air-conditioned car
- Kathakali dance show
- Entrances fees to the monuments and services of English speaking guide during city tour of Cochin
- As per Itinerary