Highlights: Marrakech - Casablanca - Fes - Merzouga - Dades - Ait Ben Haddou
Other departures: Manchester - £1849, Gatwick - £1855
Marrakech - Kech Boutique Hôtel & Spa 4*
Casablanca - Barcelo 4*
Fes - Ramada 5*
Merzouga - Kasbah Hôtel Tombouctou 3*
Dades - Hotel Xaluca 4*
Ait Ben Haddou - Hotel Riad Ksar Ighnda 4*
Day 1: Arrival - Marrakech
- Arrive at Marrakech Menara airport.
- Meet and Greet then transfer to the hotel.
- The guests can start with a tour at Jemaa El Fna square if they wish.
The great square of Jemaa El Fna is the centre of medina life both day and night. By day, it is a market and gathering place with stalls selling fresh orange juice, nuts and dried fruit lining half the massive square.
From lunchtime onwards, there is a scattering of entertainers and sales people but it is at dusk that it really comes into its own. At 1700, a clatter of carts announces the arrival of the food stalls, which cook up every variety of vegetables, fish and meat. It is now that performers of every kind, including snake charmers, singers, musicians, story tellers and acrobats, fill the square.
They are joined by the healers and fakirs with pots of herbs ready to dispense cures for any ailment imaginable. The crowds are mainly Moroccans; this is not a spectacle just for the tourists. It offers a glimpse of medina life that has changed little since medieval times. Visitors should take plenty of loose change to the Jemaa El Fna, as the performers do expect some material expression of appreciation in addition to applause.
Day 2: Marrakech/Casablanca
- After breakfast, leave to Casablanca.
- Lunch at leisure in Casablanca.
- Sightseeing tour of Casablanca the business capital of the kingdom.
- You'll see the Medina, Mohammed V Square, United Nations Square, the Central Market, the Habbous quarter, the Royal Palace, the residential area of Anfa and the outside view of the magnificent Hassan II Mosque and the Ain Diab Cornice lined with swimming pools and gastronomic restaurants.
- Check-in and overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Casablanca/Rabat
- After breakfast, leave to Rabat, the capital.
- Start the sightseeing tour the "Imperial Garden City" with its main monuments: Oudayas garden, Hassan Tower and Mausoleum.
- You’ll also see the ramparts and walls of the Mechouar which surround the Royal Palace.
- Lunch at leisure in Rabat, then depart to Meknes & Fes.
- Meknes, a short tour of this "Moroccan Versailles" which was founded at the end of the 17th century by Moulay Ismail, a contemporary of Louis XIV.
- Additional sightseeing includes Bab El Mansour, considered as the finest gateway in Morocco.
- Check in and overnight at the hotel in Fes.
Day 4: Fes
- After breakfast, the whole day will be devoted to discovering FEZ, the oldest of the Imperial Cities, which is well known for its spiritual and educational contributions to the Moroccan culture.
- Visit of the medieval Medina. You will also explore the famous souks where craftsmen still labor in the age-old oriental tradition.
Visits & Excursions:
- The Mellah (Jewish quarter) walk there on pm end of the visit
- The Medina interesting walk there and possibility to make shopping
- Medersa Bou Inania interior visit
- Nejjarine Square
- The Karaouyine Mosque non-Muslims are not admitted outside view
- The tanneries
- The Palaces of Fez El Bali
- The modern city drive by
- Lunch at leisure and continue sightseeing in the afternoon.
- Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Fes/Midelt/Erfoud/Merzouga
- Early wake up and breakfast.
- Departure for Erfoud via Immouzer du Kandar, a Berber village and Ifrane, a delightful ski resort.
- Lunch at leisure in Midelt.
- Then continuation via the Ziz canyons, a spectacular route offering wonderful scenery of the Atlas.
- Continuation to Erfoud.
- on arrival, change your vehicle to 4 wheel drive and transfer to Merzouga.
- Arrival, check-in dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Merzouga/ Tinghir/Dades
- Early wake up to watch sunrise with a camel ride experience.
- Breakfast , then departure to Tineghir with numerous stops to take pictures of the wonderful and unique landscapes.
- Lunch at leisure in Tinghir.
- Then, continue to Ouarzazate by Todra Canyon, the valley of Dadès called “the valley of roses and thousand of Kasbahs.”
- Check-in at hotel in Ouarzazate for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Dades/Ait Ben Haddou
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Departure to Ouarzazate.
- Arrival and start the city tour of Ouarzazate including the main Kasbahs: Kasbah Taourirt in the city.
This former Glaoui residence, situated on the edge of the town, on the road to Errachidia, is considered to be one of the most beautiful kasbahs of Morocco. It consists of a maze of luxury apartments, simple clay houses and crenelated towers which are lavishly decorated with geometric motifs. Part of the fortified village is open to the public.
- Then continuation to Ait Benhadou.
- On arrival check-in and overnight at the hotel.
Day 8: Ait Ben Haddou/Marrakech
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit Kasbah 30 km far from Ouarzazate. It is the most spectacular fortress in the south of Morocco, used as decors for many films like the “Lawrence of Arabia”.
Ait Ben Haddou:
The fortified village of AïtBenhaddou has been classified by UNESCO as one of the world’s cultural treasures. It is studded with crenelated towers and its buildings decorated with geometrical motifs and considered to be one of the most beautiful villages of this kind in Morocco. A program of restoration work is currently under way to encourage the repopulation of the village which is at present inhabited by just five families.
- Then drive to Marrakesh via TizinTichka Pass, the highest pass in Morocco Mountain with spectacular route offering wonderful scenery of the Atlas and the Taddert.
- Arrival, check-in and overnight.
Day 9: Marrakech
- Morning will be dedicated to discover the beauty of the second oldest Imperial City, Marrakech, and definitely the "Pearl of the South". Founded by the Almoravides at the end of the 11th century, Marrakech sits in a lush oasis nestling at the foot of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. You will see the famous Menara Gardens, Koutoubia mosque, and Bahia Palace.
- Lunch at leisure.
- In the evening, stroll and shop in the colorful medina with the famous Jemaa El Fna square.
- Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 10: Marrakech
- Day at leisure.
Day 11: Departure
- After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to Menara Airport at Marrakech for your return flight back home.
- Flights from London with TAP Air Portugal
- Airport taxes
- 10 nights accommodation at chosen hotels as per itinerary
- Tour in a private minivan with an English speaking driver
- Departure transfer
- Local guides in main cities for visits
- Entrance to the specified monuments in the program
- Camel ride experience
- 4 Wheel-drive from Erfoud to Merzouga
- As per Itinerary