Highlights: Paravur - Cochin - Periyar - Kumarakom - Backwaters - Mararikulam
Other departures: Manchester - £2299, Birmingham - £2299
Paravur - Aquasserenne
Cochin - Radisson Blu Kochi
Periyar - Poetree Sarovar Portico
Kumarakom - Lakesong Resort
Backwaters - Houseboat
Mararikulam - Abad Turtle Beach
Day 1: Trivandrum to Paravur by surface
- Upon arrival at Trivandrum airport welcome, meet and assist by our representative and straight drive to Paravur
- Upon arrival at Paravur, check in at hotel
Day 2: Paravur
- Day at leisure to relax and enjoy the various facilities of the resort surrounded by the backwaters on three sides offering a unique pool within a small lagoon
- The resort offers a very serene and tranquil atmosphere.
Day 3: Paravur to Cochin by surface (Approx. 175 Kms, 4 Hrs)
- After breakfast drive to Cochin – the Gateway to Kerala was once an important spice-trading route on Arabian Sea where Vasco D Gama landed in 1498 and boasted that he has come for soul and spices.
- Upon arrival at Cochin, check in at hotel
Day 4: Cochin
- Your morning sightseeing tour of Kochi includes a visit to the Dutch Palace and Synagogue. En route see the famous Chinese fishing nets.
- In the evening enjoy a Kathakali dance show.
Day 5: Cochin to Thekkady (Periyar) by surface (Approx. 195 Kms, 6 Hrs)
- Take a scenic drive through tea and spice plantations and blue hills and arrive at Periyar for a 2-night stay
Day 6: Thekkady (Periyar)
- During the morning take a two-hour boat safari on the mist-shrouded lake, which offers excellent opportunities for spotting wildlife, especially herds of elephants.
- Afternoon visit the tea, cardamom, pepper and coffee plantations that surround the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 7: Thekkady to Kumarakom by surface (Approx. 140 Kms, 4 Hrs)
- You’ll leave just after breakfast, driving back down to the coast and the melodically named town of Kumarakom on the banks of lake Vembanad.
Day 8: Kumarakom
- Day at leisure to relax at the resort. The resort offers comfortable accommodation and exclusive leisure options like Ayurvedic message, yoga, meditation, boating, fishing, angling and swimming or a cruise along the Vembanad Lake to experience the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary.
Day 9: Kumarakom to Alleppey (House boat)
- The Kerala backwaters consist of a complex network of lagoons, lakes, and canals. These are best experienced while slowly punting down the labyrinth of canals in a traditional thatch-roofed houseboat, known as ‘kettuvallam’. Embark on your houseboat, a renovated cargo boat with either one or two bedrooms, kitchenette and all modern conveniences.
- A 3 member crew will cater for your comforts and meals. See life on the banks, lush green rice fields, and coconut groves with occasional temple or church as you cruise through the canals. An experience you will savour for a long time.
Day 10: Alleppey to Marari by surface
- After breakfast Disembark at the boat jetty from houseboat and drive to Mararikulam
- Upon arrival at Mararikulam, check in at hotel
Day 10 to 13: Mararikulam
- All days at leisure
Day 14: Mararikulam to Cochin by surface
- After breakfast drive to Cochin
- Upon arrival at Cochin check in at hotel
- Rest of the day at leisure and Overnight stay at hotel
Day 15: Depart Cochin
- Breakfast at Hotel
- 12:00 noon standard check out time
- Transfer from hotel to Cochin airport in time to board flight for onward journey
- Flights from London with Emirates
- Airport taxes
- 13 nights accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis
- 1 night on full board basis at Houseboat
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by private air-conditioned car
- Entrance fees to the monuments
- Services of local English speaking Guide as per the itinerary during city tour
- Kathakali dance show in Cochin
- Boat ride at Lake Periyar
- As per Itinerary