Important Note: Taj Mahal remains closed on every Friday
Highlights: Delhi - Bandhavgarh - Agra
Other departures: Edinburgh - £1735
Delhi - Hotel The Royal Plaza 4*
Bandhavgarh - Nature Heritage Resort 4*
Agra - Crystal Sarovar Premiere 5*
Day 0: London Heathrow to Dubai
Day 1: Dubai to Delhi
- 09:05 Hrs: Arrive Delhi airport.
- Upon arrival at Delhi airport, welcome, meet and assist by our representative and transfer to hotel.
- Rest of the day at leisure after long flight.
Day 2: Delhi to Katni (by Overnight train)
After breakfast enjoy city tour of Delhi. You will get a feel for this city as you explore its historic sights. Raj Ghat which is located on the banks of the river Yamuna, This is Mahatma Gandhi’s Memorial, where he was cremated following his assassination in January 1948.
Opposite the Red Fort lies Jama Masjid made of red sandstone and white marble, completed in 1656. It is India’s largest mosque. Explore the bustling cultural delight of the colourful market on the 'cycle rickshaw' for a unique experience from the Red Fort, through "Chandni Chowk" or Silver Street, experiencing the sights and sounds of this very busy avenue-heading west from the Fort. You will take a view of Red Fort – the 17th century imposing fortress built in red sandstone is surrounded by a huge boundary wall 33m high. Inside are exquisite palaces and beautiful gardens.
Afternoon you will head into New Delhi, visiting Humayun’s Tomb, an impressive garden tomb with high arches and a double dome, built by his wife Haji Begum in the 16th Century. An early example of Mughal architecture considered the predecessor of the Taj Mahal. Then continue on to the wonderful Qutab Minar - the landmark of Delhi, the beautiful grounds feature the well preserve a huge tower of victory standing over 72 meters.
You will drive on to Rajpath and through to India Gate and the Lutyens Delhi with its tree lined boulevards leading to the British Viceroy’s Palace (Rashtrapati Bhavan) now the official residence of the President of India, the Secretariat, India Gate and Parliament House.
Later transfer to New Delhi railway station to board overnight train for Katni.
Arrive Katni railway station
Katni to Bandhavgarh (110 kms, 2-3 hrs)
- 06:35 hrs: Arrive Katni railway station.
- Upon arrival at Katni railway station you will travel by road to Bandhavgarh for a 2 nights stay. Bandhavgarh is a small National Park, compact, yet full of game and the highest tiger population in India. It is also known as the White Tiger country, which has been found in the old state of Rewa for many years.
- Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 4: Bandhavgarh
Morning and evening safaris. The forests of Bandhavgarh, which was declared as National Park in 1968 are the white tiger jungles of the yesteryears. However, no white tigers have been reported from the woods in the last 50 years and it is believed that less than a dozen have been seen in India in about a hundred years. Yet when white tigers were sighted, it was right here in Bandhavgarh.
Over half the area of the park is covered by Sal (Shorea robusta) forests and there are stretches of bamboo and grassland. Within the park is the ancient Bandhavgarh fort and caves, dug into the sandstone of the fort, have inscriptions dating from the 1st century BC.
The Bandhavgarh jungle, when it is large enough, becomes a living self-sustaining organism providing its own climate, atmosphere, water and nutrition through its recycling systems. It even has a sleep wake cycle. As more light fills the sky, Bandhavgarh begins to awaken.
- Overnight stay at hotel.
Bandhavgarh to Jabalpur by surface
Katni to Agra by train Mahakaushal Express
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Transfer from hotel to Katni railway station in time to board an overnight train for Agra.
Day 6: Agra
- 08:10 Hrs: Arrive Agra railway station.
- Upon arrival at Agra railway station transfer to hotel (1400 hrs standard check in time)
- After breakast you will enjoy city tour of Agra visiting Taj Mahal. It is an acclaimed architectural masterpiece and one of the wonders of the world. 20,000 workers laboured for 12 years to build this sublime garden tomb of Mumtaz Mahal, Shah Jahan andvisit the 16th century Agra fort. This commanding red sandstone monument stretches 2.5 kilometres along the banks of River Yamuna, encompasses serene gardens and terrace pavilions, with striking views providing glimpse of the magnificent Taj Mahal across the river. and Tomb of Itmad-ud- Daulah also called as Baby Taj.
- Check in at hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 7: Agra to Delhi by surface (approx. 210 kms, 4 hrs)
- After breakfast travel by road to Delhi.
- Upon arrival at Delhi, check in at hotel.
- Rest of the day at leisure.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Delhi to Dubai
Dubai to London Heathrow
- Transfer from Hotel to Delhi airport in time to board flight for London Heathrow via Dubai.
- Flights from London with Emirates
- Airport taxes
- 3 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast
- 2 nights accommodation on full board at Bandhavgarh
- 2 Overnight train journeys from Delhi to Katni & from Katni to Agra by second class air-conditioned
- All transfers, sightseeing & excursion as mentioned in itinerary by air-conditioned car
- Services of local English speaking guide as per the itinerary during city tour
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers
- 2 Game drives in National Parks as mentioned in the itinerary by shared open jeep or Canter
- As per Itinerary