Kolkatas - Darjeeling - Sunderbans - Kolkata
Legends and folklore abound in the eastern Himalayas about the occasional appearance of the abominable snowman - the Yeti. In the shadow of Mount Kanchenjunga, the tea estates and hill stations of Darjeeling are the gateways to the former kingdom of Sikkim. Witnessing sunrise from Tiger Hill as the rays strike the Himalayas and Kanchenjunga is a memorable experience. The tour to Darjeeling cannot be completed without sampling the Champagne of Tea – the Darjeeling tea, grown in high altitude estates surrounding the town. Visit ancient and colourful monasteries in and around Gangtok – the Capital of Sikkim.
Day 1: Arrive in Delhi. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: Arrive Bagdogra and drive to Siliguri 15 kms 45 min approx.
Day 3: Siliguri to Darjeeling via Mirik.
Day 4: Early morning visit Tiger Hill and Ghoom Monastery. After breakfast visit nearest Tea estate, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute(closed on Thursday), Zoological Park(closed on Thursday) and Tibetan Refugee Centre(closed on Sunday).
Day 5: After breakfast enjoy Joy Ride on World Heritage Toy Train, Darjeeling to Ghoom and back. Afternoon walk to Observatory Hill and Bhutia Basti.
Day 6: Drive from Darjeeling to Pelling 123 kms 6 hours approx. Afternoon visit Shangacholing monastery.
Day 7: After breakfast excursion to Khechipalri Lake.
Day 8: Drive from Pelling to Gangtok 127 kms 5 hours approx.
Day 9: Full day sightseeing in Gangtok visiting Do Drul Chorten (Stupa), Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (closed on Sundays), Cottage Industry (closed on Sundays) and Enchey Monastery.
Day 10 - 11: After breakfast excursion to Rumtek monastery.
Day 12: Drive from Gangtok to Kalimpong 83 kms approx. 3 hrs. Afternoon visit Zang Dog Palri Fo Brang Monastery, Tharpa Choling Monastery, Thongsa Gumpa and flower nurseries.
Day 13: Drive from Kalimpong to Bagdogra airport (80 kms 3 hours approx.) & fly to Delhi. Upon arrival transfer to your hotel in Delhi for a 2 Nights stay
Day 14: Delhi. Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi. Explore the Qutab Complex which houses India’s biggest single tower, the Qutab Minar and the 4th century rust free Iron Pillar, before continuing to the Mughal citadel of Lal Qila (Red Fort) and Lutyens’ Delhi. Also, visit the grand Jama Masjid and Humayan’s Tomb – a monument commissoned by Bega Begum in memory of her beloved husband.
Day 15: Depart Delhi. Transfer to the airport to board your onward flight. In the shadow of Mount Kanchenjunga, the tea estates and hill stations
- 3 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast
- 3 nights accommodation on half board basis in Darjeeling
- 2 nights accommodation on full board basis during Sunderbans Cruise
- Services of local English speaking guide throughout the tour except at Sunderbans where services of local naturist will be provided
- Entrance fees to the monuments
- Domestic flight in economy class between Delhi and Bagdogra
- Meet and assist at airports and hotels by our representative
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursions as detailed in the itinerary by air-conditioned car
- Entrance fees Services of local English speaking guide as per the itinerary during city tour
- Cycle Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi
- As per Itinerary